A Penicillin antibiotic, Piperacillin, and Tazobactam are used to treat bacterial infections such as skin infections, pneumonia, stomach infections, and uterine infections.
Why Taz – P 4.5gm medication prescribed?
Pneumonia, skin, gynecological, and abdominal (stomach area) infections caused by bacteria are treated with piperacillin and tazobactam injection. Piperacillin belongs to the class of antibiotics known as penicillins. It works by eradicating infection-causing germs. Tazobactam belongs to the beta-lactamase inhibitor class of antibiotics. It works by preventing piperacillin from being destroyed by bacteria.
Colds, flu, and other viral diseases will not respond to antibiotics such as piperacillin and tazobactam injection. When you take or use antibiotics when they aren’t needed, you raise your chances of developing an infection that is resistant to antibiotic treatment later.
What is the best way to take this medication?
Piperacillin and tazobactam injection is a powder that needs to be combined with a liquid before being given intravenously (into a vein). It is normally given every 6 hours, however, it may be given every 8 hours for children 9 months and older. Treatment duration is determined by your overall health, the sort of infection you have, and how well you respond to therapy. The length of time you should use piperacillin and tazobactam injection will be determined by your doctor. After your health has improved, your doctor may switch you to a different antibiotic that you can take orally to finish your treatment.
Piperacillin and tazobactam injection can be given in a hospital or at home. Your healthcare practitioner will show you how to use piperacillin and tazobactam injection if you will be receiving it at home. If you have any questions, make sure you approach your healthcare professional.
During the first several days of treatment with piperacillin and tazobactam injection, you should start to feel better. Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if they worsen.
Request a copy of the manufacturer’s information for the patient from your pharmacist or doctor.
Before using piperacillin and tazobactam injection
- If you are allergic to piperacillin, tazobactam, cephalosporin antibiotics like cefaclor, cefadroxil, cefuroxime (Ceftin, Zinacef), and cephalexin (Keflex), beta-lactam antibiotics like penicillin or amoxicillin (Amoxil, Larotid, Moxatag), or any of the ingredients in piperacillin and tazobactam injection, ask a list of the components from your pharmacist.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist about any additional drugs, vitamins, nutritional supplements, or herbal products you’re taking or planning to use. Make a point of mentioning one or more of the following: Anticoagulants (‘blood thinners’) like heparin or warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven); methotrexate (Otrexup, Rasuvo, Trexall), probenecid (Probalan, in Col-Probenecid); or vancomycin (Vancocin). Your doctor may need to adjust your prescription dosages or keep a keen watch on you for side effects.
- If you have or have ever had cystic fibrosis (an inborn condition that causes breathing, digesting, and reproduction problems) or kidney disease, notify your doctor.
- If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, notify your doctor. Call your doctor if you become pregnant while receiving piperacillin and tazobactam injection.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you’re getting a piperacillin and tazobactam injection if you’re undergoing surgery, including dental surgery.
- mouth sores
- stomach pain
Sriya Life Science is a pharmaceutical manufacturer, third-party manufacturer, pharmaceutical bulk exporter, and medicine supplier with operations in Brazil, Cambodia, Venezuela, the Philippines, Nigeria, Seychelles, and Sudan. Taz-P 4.5gm (Piperacillin and Tazobactam Injection) is an antibiotic manufactured by us. It aids in the treatment of bacterial infections.
There are no reviews yet.