Paracetamol is such an usual medicine that we usually take without a doctor’s consultation. However, until you have a thorough understanding of paracetamol medicine, this process is not safe.
- Paracetamol in various forms – In various forms such as tablet,capsule, granules, suppository, effervescent injection, and soluble tablets, paracetamol can be used. Only after consulting your doctor and depending on the condition of you choose your form of Paracetamol Medicine.
- For paracetamol, a doctor’s consultation is required – Breastfeeding mothers, pregnant women, and patients with kidney difficulties should consult a doctor before starting any paracetamol treatment.
Before taking paracetamol in any form, patients who are taking medications such as Cholestyramine, Metoclopramide, or Warfarin should see their doctors.
Sriya Life Science, a well-known Indian pharmaceutical company, advises all patients to do a paracetamol drug dosage before starting to consume it.
- There should be a time interval between paracetamol medications– Any two paracetamol doses should be separated by four hours.
- For patients, the maximum dosage of paracetamol – In a 24-hour period, a patient can only take four doses of paracetamol medicine.
- Children’s paracetamol – Only on the advice of a doctor should children be given paracetamol. Paracetamol 500mg should not be given to children under the age of ten.
- Combination of paracetamol and antibiotics – If you take paracetamol with an antibiotic, make sure you finish the entire course of both medications.
- Covid-19 positive patients should take paracetamol – Patients who test positive for Covid-19 can take paracetamol. However, in order to design the paracetamol medicine course for Covid-19 patients, a doctor’s consultation is required.
- How to store and use paracetamol – Store paracetamol at room temperature in a well sealed container. Keep it out of the reach of youngsters. Do not use paracetamol that has passed its expiration date.